Grace UMC prepares for Sunday worship by reading the scripture for the coming Sunday’s sermon. Below, you fill find questions that can be used for Bible Study, small groups or personal devotion. Let the scripture speak in to your life! Expect great things!
Kind and gracious Lord, you are the creator of all things, the author of life, and our loving God. We thank you for your faithful presence in our lives, and we thank you for the Word of God.
As we prepare to study your Word together, we ask you to open our minds. Help us clear away the clutter and quiet any outside voices so we can hear only what you long to speak to us.
Scripture: Colossians 1:11-12 (New Revised Standard)
11 May you be made strong with all the strength that comes from his glorious power, so that you may have all endurance and patience, joyfully 12 giving thanks to the Father,[e] who has enabled[f] you[g] to share in the inheritance of the saints in the light.
For the month of November, we join in a a sermon series on gratitude for God’s grace and mercy.
This scripture reminds us that, in Christ, we share a royal inheritance of power, love and light.
- What is a word, phrase or image that comes to mind when you read or hear the text? What inheritances does Paul remind us that we receive through Christ? What
- In this scripture, Paul shares his prayer for the church that it claim its inheritance in Christ? What does Paul mean by “sharing” our inheritance?
- What does this scripture teach you about royalty?
- What does God invite you to do, change or be through this passage?
Discipleship Huddle Questions:
- How is it with your soul?
- How does your soul prosper?
God, who lifts up the humble, give us guidance to see how we might be part of your mission of the redemption of the world. Give us the hands of compassion to extend your love and grace. Amen.