After two years, being prayerful and mindful of best health and safety practices for all, the Pastoral Staff and Executive Board of Grace UMC of Los Angeles have voted to re-open the premises for worship, effective March 27, 2022! In care for our congregation and community, we strived to intently follow the guidance of all local and federal health ordinances and safety protocols. The latest announcements have opened the pathway for re-opening:
- Per announcements from the Los Angeles County Public Health Department (LACPH) Health Order on March 3, 2022, masks are now strongly recommended generally or required for indoor settings with higher risk for transmission.
- The Los Angeles Unified School District will lift its indoor mask mandate, effective March 23.
- We anticipate the Los Angeles City Council will soon approve a proposal to lift the mask mandate in the City of Los Angeles.
We have discerned that now is the time to re-open with care! Below are our guidelines for in-person worship at least through the month of April 2022:
- There will be one service at 10:45 a.m.
- The service will be hybrid; offered In-person, on Zoom and YouTube.
- Mask-wearing is required for all worship attendees.
- Mask-wearing is required for all worship service leaders unless speaking/leading, after which, mask will be reworn.
- Worship service leaders must arrive on or before 10:00 am and take a 15 minute Antigen COVID self test in the church parking lot. Test kits will be provided by the church.
- With a negative test result, worship service leaders can stay on the premises to serve. If positive, one must immediately leave the premises, quarantine and follow health and safety protocols for those who have tested positive for COVID-19.