You are invited to become a member of Grace!
After the sermon, Rev. Cyrus-Franklin or Pastor Smith offers the invitation to become a Christian and a member of our congregation. If you feel motivated by God to accept the invitation, while the choir sings, come forward to the altar area. Members of the congregation will join you as a sign of support and encouragement.
A new members class is offered before the membership becomes official. Visitors may attend inquirer’s class to learn more about the United Methodist Church and our faith community before making the decision to join.
- If you have never been a member of any church, you may join by professing Jesus Christ as your Savior. (Full membership after baptism)
- If you have been a member of a church at one time and baptized, but have been inactive, you may join by renewing your faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (Full membership)
- If you are a member of another church, you may join by requesting that your membership be transferred to Grace. (Full membership)
- If you wish to keep your membership with another church, but would like to have an official relationship with Grace UMC, you may join as an affiliate member. (Affiliate Membership)
- The Ritual of Baptism can be your choice by sprinkling or immersion. There is one (1) mandatory counseling session required. (Full Membership)