WELL (Women Expressing Love and Light) Ministry presents SAGACITY summer camp for young women ages 16-22 starting at Grace on Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 sponsored by Grace United Methodist Church, Los Angeles and Simply Youth Institute. The purpose of the summer camp is to:
- to unite a community of women in Christ working together to achieve peace in herself and her community.
- to cultivate the development of leadership skills in women
- to provide women with hands-on training and career skills including resume building
Grace UMC members are invited to participate in meaningful ways:
1. Create a Self-care basket: girls will be creating a self care basket and we are asking for donations around self care. Donations could include lotions, make up, anything that speaks self care.
2. Donate Used computers: ensuring that girls have access to their own device creates a more equitable learning environment. Members are asked to support in donating a used device if possible.
3. Review a Resume: Students will be building a resume to be workshopped by Boeing Women in Leadership. email Wynter at email@example.com if you are interested in reviewing the first draft of the resume and providing constructive feedback.
4. Donate a meal for 15 girls: provide a breakfast or lunch for the girls. We are asking that meals are individually packaged for COVID safety.
5. Donations: you are invited to donate to the summer camp. Donate by writing a check or donating to Simply Youth Institute:
The camp is completely free for young women ages 16-22. We are immensely grateful for your support, and please reach out with any question to Wynter Eddins at 747.252.6141 or email her directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.